Sonntag, 24. Januar 2016

A new Android KatKiss Lollipop 5.1.1 version 30c for the Asus Transformer TF 101 - Stagefright fixed - by XDA by Timduru

The other day I updated my ASUS Transformer TF101 with the latest KatKiss Lollipop 5.1.1 version 30c byTimduru from the XDA-Froum. Like the predecessor, the version is not as nice as the KitKat KatKiss versions. But it still runs faster than the previous 5.1.1 versions. This is probably due to the performance tweaks which Tim performed. Also it fixes latest annoying Stagefright gaps, which i quiete dangerous on outdated devices. The Stagefright fix was one of the main reasons why I've updated again. Thanks to Timduru the tablet is well usable today. However, it suffers well on its outdated hardware. If you can, donate to him on his PayPal-Donation-page. He deserves it.


Informationen:
Read more about Katkiss Lollipop for TF101 by Timduru - XDA Development Thread
Have a look at the KatKiss Lollipop 5.1.1 Version 30c Changelog at Timdurus place

Downloads:
XDA Developer Timduru GitLab-Page
Download the KatKiss Lollipop 5.1.1 Version 30c by XDA Timduru
Download the KatKiss Lollipop 5.1.1 Version 30c gApps by XDA Timduru

3 Kommentare:

  1. I have just installed this version but it lags a bit.
    By you, which is the best version in terms of speed and reactivity?
    Thx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ciao Dario,

      I'm running the Marshmallow 6.0.1 KatKiss Version 22. It's not too responsive – I agree. You can tweak it a bit, by using the performance-settings. I'm running mine with the SmartAssV2 Govenor at a minimum clockspeed of 1000 Mhz and a maximum of 1400. The sheduler should stay ROW (read before write). I never realized any diffrence at ZRAM on / off – so I keep it off. After some testing (be sure your System is stable) turn the set value on boot" checkboxes.

      Also I realized, that different launchers may affect the speed in many ways. I go with Smart Launcher Pro 3.12.12 – but this might not be the best choice.

      To get back to your question:

      The fastest and way most responsive version I ever experienced was the latest KatKiss 4.x version from XDA Timduru ( http://adf.ly/dYE15 ). Unfortunatly he stopped the development on that version to evolve further to Lollipop. I tryed almost any other ROMs like OmniROM, Cyanogen MODs and stuff. But they were all much slower and way more unresponsive. Also most of them were just reskinns and overloaded by crap.

      I switched to KatKiss Lollipop first till version 5.1.1 (30c) for the TF101, then switched to KatKiss Marshmallow 6.0 (22) ( Find Downloads for Lollipop at http://adf.ly/w9KU5 and for XDA Timdurus KatKiss Marshmallow 6.0 from Timduru ) because of the alerting security issues that 4.x has, since I'm still using the TAB on a daily base. Also the Lollipop version may have some speed issues in loading and tabbing, but still has it's own benefits sometimes. You can read some about it at my other post here:

      One addition: You may want to get a really fast sdcard with awesome random read / write stats (expensive) and read yourself into swapping internal memory with sdcard. There are actually some good tutorials I saw the other days. Take a look. It won't boost a loot, but your APPs and files will open much faster.

      Löschen
  2. Dead Piethi, first of all thank you for your answer. Based on it, I think that I will remain with the 5.1.1 one for the moment, playing with performance settings. It seems that using Nova Launcher the tablet is a bit faster. The only problems are random errors with GApps.

    Thank you again.
    Ciao
    Dario

    AntwortenLöschen